Saturday, April 3, 2010

Idol, You're Going Down

Every season of American Idol gets worse over the years.

And I do not only mean the contestants, but the themes, mentors and guest performers as well.

This season is by far the worst:

1. Not many stand-out contestants.

2. Lousy themes. I think the best one was the Rolling Stones week. R&B week -- seriously?? Next week is Lennon/McCartney Songbook AGAIN. Basically it's the Beatles. Didn't they do this last season already? If I'm not wrong...

3. Miley as a mentor??! WTF.

4. Guest performers do not always fit the theme for that week. Ke$ha performing during Rolling Stones week? LOL. I mean I love Ke$ha, but Idol should get like some Rolling Stones related performances like what David Cook has done. And we're having Rihanna on Beatles week. OMG.

Still, I always watch the performances of my favourite contestant this season, Crystal. :) Siobhan isn't consistent, and her screams are really starting to annoy me. Her best scream was when she did Aretha's "Think". She should tone it down now and have something like what she has done for "House of the Rising Sun". Do something to make me like you again, Siobhan!

No comments:

Post a Comment